Recently I gave a 10 min talk at ENGI 600, a course taught by Prof. Janice Hewitt at Rice University. My slides can be found here HJ-Hadoop-presentation-10-min. This is a post summarizing the feedback from the students in the class.
Note: the audience are generally from engineering background, not necessarily computer science.
- Slides #14, title blocked
- Slides 20 good chart
- Slides 8 graph good
- slide 29, terrible, too many words.
- Presentation details
- technical terms could be better adapted for the general audience (non-CS)
- diagrams were good, stick with the way results are presented
- pace was kept good (but was 40 seconds over the limit)
- need to end the talk more clearly, shorten conclusion sentences