Here are my experience with using various markdown preview softwares in mac.
- Sublime’s MarkdownPreview in browser seems to be the best so far. It gives the same version as in Github.
- To install, simply go to the command palette in Sublime
- Control: Install Package
- And then search for MarkdownPreview
- Sublime’s Markdown Live
- Run into some weird issues with lines not wrapping around
- Compare to Markdown Preview, this thing updates the preview live as you edit the markdown file. However, I don’t think this is that useful a feature given the syntax highlighting in sublime is already pretty good. I just need to make sure the final version looks as expected
- macdown (https://macdown.uranusjr.com/)
- has some weird bugs that doesn’t quite display the same thing as on Github. Maybe it will get more robust in the future.